Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Big Fat Positive!

I found out last month that I am pregnant with baby number 2!  I had convinced myself that I was just going to have an only child and made all these plans and was really starting to embrace it.  But I guess God had other plans.

I first realized I was pregnant on December 17 but I was only 5 days post ovulation.  I took a test and it was negative.  I was a bit disappointed but I had a two pack.  Two days later on the 19th I retook and it was negative again.  That night I started cramping pretty bad.  I hadn't had a period in almost 5 years so I forgot how painful cramping can be.  Two days later I still hadn't started my period.  I posted on FaceBook how I was trying not to think about it, trying not to get my hopes up.  I couldn't resist and took another test.  The first had a second line but it was more / instead of straight up and down.  I threw it out and retested. 

Can you see it? 


My friends were convinced it was an evaporation line but after reading up on it I knew it was a positive since it was pink.  If it's pink it's positive. Sometimes you can get a positive and start your period.  This is not a evaporation line, it's a chemical pregnancy.




This test result was that same day but it's lighter.  Either because it was later in the day or because these more expensive pregnancy tests actually need a higher level of hormone to turn positive.  More arguing ensued.

I went to the doctor for a blood test because I was tired of paying money to pee on things.  I had blood drawn done to know without a doubt.  I called a few hours later to get my result and was informed hey wouldn't have it until December 23, the next day.  I couldn't wait that long and bought more tests.

  POSITIVE!!!!!

Now I get to have my unassisted birth after cesarean (UBAC)!  I get to buy cute little cloth diapers, knitted booties and bear ear hats, smell baby sweetness and gave into wide eyed wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment